What are the 5 levels of performance?
A company like Level 4 who in addition has savvy, enlightened senior management teams and world-class supplier diversity professionals.
Organizations whose supplier diversity initiative aligns with their strategy, structure, and culture.
The gateway to Advanced and World-Class processes. However, a lack of alignment between supplier diversity and key initiatives, such as strategic sourcing and marketing, continues to present roadblocks to progress.
Companies whose only objective is to satisfy customer requirements or respond to a lawsuit or other organizations who are just passing through.
Organizations with Level 1 programs are those that have made a recent decision to embrace supplier diversity, and are now examining how supplier diversity can fit into their business model.
Companies and institutions at Level Zero have no functional supplier diversity program in place and there are no signs that this condition will change.
The "Gold Standard" by which corporations measure their supplier diversity initiatives.
What is the number one reason your organization has a supplier diversity initiative?
- Government requirement
- Customers’ second tier program
- It’s what leading organizations do
- Part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Important part of our strategy
Senior Management (Reporting to CEO/President)
How engaged is senior management in supplier diversity?
- Not at all
- Very little
- Fully engaged
Procurement Department’s Perception
How is the use of diverse suppliers viewed by your procurement team?
- Waste of money
- Only if we have to
- There are a few good diverse suppliers we can use
- We should grow our business with diverse suppliers in all areas
- Essential to our organization’s future
How is your supplier diversity program staffed?
- No single owner, shared effort by staff members
- Part-time manager
- Full-time manager
- Full-time director
- Full-time director with staff
How connected and involved is your supplier diversity program with other company departments? (1 not at all and 5 being fully involved)
- Corporate Communications12345
In your opinion, how aware are your associates outside of procurement about supplier diversity?
- Not Aware
- Limited Awareness
- Very Aware
- Aware and engaged
Our company has the following geographical footprint:
Does your company belong to and participate in the following advocacy organizations?
- Regional NMSDC ChapterYesNoYesNo
- Regional WBENC ChapterYesNoYesNo
- NMSDC Global LinkYesNoYesNo
How does your company connent with diverse suppliers?
Check all that apply.
- Our website
- Networking events
- Trade fairs and conferences
- Employee referrals
- 1st tier suppliers
- RFPs and RFQs
Reporting and Tracking
How does your company track your supplier diversity spend?
- We don’t
- Stand alone spreadsheet software
- Spreadsheet software integrated into our accounting and/or sourcing software
- Specialized supplier diversity software not integrated into our accounting/sourcing system
- Specialized supplier diversity software integrated into our accounting/sourcing system